Plastic bags are an essential human requirement in today’s technologically advanced world. Regular plastic bags, on the other hand, take a long time to degrade, producing pollution and harming the health of humans and other wildlife. As a result, obtaining an environmentally friendly plastic bag is critical. One of these possibilities is to utilize wheat starch plastic bags, which are biodegradable plastic bags created from natural resources. This article will introduce plastic bags made from wheat starch, let’s learn about this type of bag with Minh Sang Packaging!
1. Introduction to wheat starch-based plastic bags
Wheat starch plastic bags are a form of biodegradable plastic bag created from two basic ingredients: wheat starch and polyester resin. Wheat starch is a form of cassava starch that is soluble in water and flexible, polyester resin is a heat-resistant and long-lasting synthetic material. These two components are combined in a certain ratio before being extruded into plastic pellets. This plastic pellet is then blown through a blower to produce layers of nylon film of varying thicknesses, these layers of plastic film are then cut into the necessary size and form of plastic bags.
2. Advantages of plastic bags made from wheat starch
Plastic bags made from wheat starch have many advantages compared to regular plastic bags, especially in terms of environmental protection. Some advantages of plastic bags made from wheat starch are:
- Plastic bags made from wheat starch can decompose in a short time and do not cause environmental pollution. According to research by the Vietnam Institute of Biotechnology, plastic bags made from wheat starch can completely decompose within 6 months to 2 years, depending on environmental conditions. During the decomposition process, this plastic bag only creates products such as CO2, water and biomass, which are not harmful to the environment. In contrast, regular plastic bags have a decomposition time of up to hundreds of years, causing waste that is difficult to handle and affecting the ecological balance.
- Plastic bags made from wheat starch have reasonable and competitive prices. According to a report from the Vietnam Department of Light Industry, the price of plastic bags made from wheat starch ranges from 30,000 VND to 50,000 VND/kg, depending on the size and quality of the bag. This price is not much higher than the cost of regular plastic bags, about 25,000 VND/kg. Therefore, plastic bags made from wheat starch can compete with regular plastic bags on the market.
3. Disadvantages and challenges of wheat starch-based plastic bags
However, plastic bags manufactured from wheat starch have several drawbacks and obstacles that must be addressed and improved. The following are some difficulties and challenges associated with plastic bags manufactured from wheat starch:
- Plastic bags manufactured from wheat starch require proper breakdown conditions to avoid waste. Plastic bags manufactured from wheat starch can only disintegrate when exposed to microorganisms in soil or water, according to study from the Vietnam Institute of Biotechnology. There will be no microbes to degrade these plastic bags if they are buried deep in landfills or left in dry air for an extended period of time. As a result, if not treated properly, this plastic bag can nonetheless generate waste.
- Plastic bags made from wheat starch need to be enhanced to propagate and raise consumer awareness. According to a survey by the Vietnam Center for Research and Sustainable Development, many consumers still do not know or do not trust plastic bags made from wheat starch. Some people think that this type of bag is not able to withstand the weight of goods, or are afraid that this type of bag will decompose while still containing food. Therefore, increasing propaganda and raising consumer awareness about the benefits and uses of plastic bags made from wheat starch is very important to promote the spread and application of this type of bag.
4. Minh Sang Packaging – Provides high-quality wheat starch plastic bags
Minh Sang Packaging Factory specializes in the production and distribution of all types of plastic packaging, including wheat starch plastic bags. Wheat starch plastic bags are a form of biodegradable plastic bag created from two basic ingredients: wheat starch and polyester resin. This nylon bag offers numerous benefits, including self-decomposition, durability, toughness, heat resistance, and a fair price. Please contact Minh Sang Packaging promptly for guidance and to place an order for wheat starch plastic bags.
For further information, please contact:
Hotline: (028) 3983 2290 – (028) 3983 2292