It cannot be denied that PE packaging and PP packaging are increasingly widely applied in life and business. Each type of bag has its own characteristics and capabilities. To make the right choice that meets your need, it is important to disgusting PE vs PP packaging: How are they different, and which is better to use? This article will help you find your answer the quickest.
1/ What is PE packaging?
PE packaging is a kind of plastic bag made from PE plastic beads that is thin, light, flexible, and very convenient. The production process of PE bags does not use harmful chemicals, so these bags are safe for users’ health. In addition, PE bags have quick production times in a variety of sizes, styles, colors, and good printables.
PE bags are mainly used in food preservation, packaging of goods and beverages. An outstanding feature of PE bags is their smooth and gloomy surface, which is very suitable for printing and promoting products.
Characteristics of PE packaging:
- The bag has a transparent color so you can see the goods and food inside.
- The surface of the bag is glossy, flexible, and slightly translucent.
- PE bags have good waterproofing ability, so the food inside will be preserved in the best way.
2/ What is PP packaging?
PP bags are manufactured from PP (Polypropylene) plastic beads. Like PE bags, PP bags do not contain toxic substances, so when used, they do not affect the user’s health. PP bags have a slightly hard surface, less crease, and less stretch than PE bags.
Characteristics of PP packaging:
- PP packaging has high heat resistance, so it is suitable for use in the microwave
- It has a thick surface, good puncture resistance, so it is very safe to pack and preserve business items, especially those with a heavyweight.
- PP bags have the characteristics of colorless, transparent, and high surface gloss. When packaged, it will help enhance the luxury of the product
3/ PE vs PP packaging: Similar features
Both PE bags and PP bags are favored by businesses and production facilities today. If you only look at the outside, you will hardly be able to distinguish the difference between these two types of bags. Their similarities are as follows:
- Both PE bag and PP bag are colorless, odorless, tasteless. On the outside, they are transparent, high gloss surface, and do not contain harmful substances.
- At room temperature, the bag does not oxidize and does not cause chemical reactions with chemicals.
- Good water resistance, safe storage of food and goods inside
4/ PE vs PP packaging: How are they different?
– The material of the bag: PE bags are manufactured from Polyethylene (PE) plastic beads while PP bags are produced from Polypropylene (PP) plastic beads. Because of the different materials, the properties of these two bags are also different.
– Stiffness and ductility of the bag: PP bags are much harder and more brittle than PE bags, so they will be preferred for packaging goods in the medical, garment, and food sectors. Meanwhile, PE bags have better elasticity. The surface of the PE bag is tough, so it can be used as a food bag in the form of a handle, which is very convenient and smooth for the skin.
– The color: PP bag is white in color. The transparency and gloss of PP bags are also very high. When packing and storing goods, you can see through the entire product inside. PE bags are more translucent and have a more flexible surface than PP bags
– Elasticity: PE bags are extremely stretchy packaging. Therefore, the bag can hold heavy foods without being easily torn. In contrast, PP bags are somewhat weaker in terms of elasticity. Because the nature of the PP bag is that it has a very hard and highly brittle surface. If you accidentally tear a small wound, the bag may also be completely torn.
– Printability: The surface of PE bags gives better printing quality than PP bags. The quality of printing on PE bags is very nice, the colors are standard, the lines are sharp. So if using bags for marketing purposes, most businesses will give preference to using PE bags.
– Convenience: Transparent PE bags stand out for their durability and flexibility, while transparent PP bags dominate in stiffness and brittleness. Therefore, depending on the purpose of use, you can choose different types of bags. If you want to store foods, nuts, grains, you can use PE bags. If you need sturdy packaging to pack clothes, fashion items, you can give preference to PP bags.
Thus, if you are wondering how to distinguish PE bags and PP bags, do not ignore the differences that Minh Sang has analyzed above.
5/ PE vs PP packaging: Which is better?
PE bags and PP bags are both bags with good bearing capacity and good waterproof ability. Using both types of bags is highly effective in packaging and storing food. In addition, they are also very easy to print information such as an address, a logo that supports good product promotion.
In addition, PE bags and PP bags are odorless and do not have many impurities in the ingredients. So it is very safe for users’ health. That is why they are commonly used in the food industry.
So, PE vs PP packaging, which is better? Depending on your intended use, you may decide to choose different types of packaging. Each type of bag has characteristics that are suitable for different goods. If you are still wondering which bag to choose to serve your needs well, immediately contact Minh Sang via hotline (028) 3983 2290 – (028) 3983 2292 for the most thorough advice.